Re: [Evolution] Feature request: Signatures without '--'

, Mabuse <mabuse buente de> wrote:

Hello!

I would like to place a feature request regarding signatures in
evolution:

I find those preceeding "--" before signatures in e-mails very
disturbing.

bg:

Then you are not thinking it completely through. Surely it cannot have escaped
you that that artifact appears ahead of the sig block for a reason. Very likely a
reason that does a service for a great many users of the software. Your request
to eliminate it is therefore profoundly self-centered and thus wholly undeserving
of consideration.

One of the most disruptive and deeply annoying behaviours around this putatively
cooperative effort of open-source software is that which cluelessly and selfishly
declares, "*I* don't understand this feature, and it 'disturbs' me, so we should
get rid of it!"

How someone can find an innocuous pair of hyphens and a space "very disturbing"
is a subject for another day, and another forum:-)

Brewster
sent from iPad so no customary sigblock quote available...