Re: [Evolution] Comparison of Evolution to Thunderbird

On Sun, 2016-01-31 at 15:27 +0200, Mark Elkins wrote:
I'm afraid I've just jumped ship on my main LapTop to Thunderbird.
Evolution is though still on a number of my other devices.

The primary reason is that I am getting a fair number of messages in
French and my French is not good. Up until now, I have been
copy'n'pasting the messages into translate.google.com - which is a
bit
clumsy and means changing screens - etc. Now, I highlight the French
Text and click translate. This saves me time.

Sounds like a bug in your installation, but since you don't mention
your version of Evolution nor the distro you're using, there's nothing
anyone can do about it.

Another nifty feature I've discovered is that the Filters allow one
not just to put messages into Folders (looking for the List-ID was a
pain - Thunderbird does not inherently seem to know what a Mailing
List is) but automatically forwarding some "filtered" messages to
others - very useful feature.

I don't understand. Feel free to elaborate, preferably as a Request For
Enhancement to Bugzilla (remembering to copy the ID here in case anyone
else wants to comment).

poc