Re: [Evolution] Notification on new e-mail

I don't really care for LTS, it's just that Mint happens to be built on
top of Ubuntu 14.04, and I prefer it over normal Ubuntu. I tried
downloading the tarball from the official website, which said building
instructions would be in an INSTALL file, and then not providing the
file in the tarball. Any help setting up 3.18 would be appreciated.

I very much doubt you will be able to compile Evolution 3.18 on a
system that is based on Gnome 3.10 - at the very least you will need
Gnome 3.16.

In any case, I'm not an Ubuntu person, so I can't help much with that
environment.  Look in the list archives though since I seem to remember
a number of threads about getting recent versions of Evolution onto
Ubuntu and possibly some about how to compile it (it's not really
trivial).

P.