Re: [Evolution] trying to set up smart card crashes evolution

On Tue, 2015-05-12 at 14:26 +0200, ultraviolett2 arcor de wrote:
I am running Arch Linux with evolution (evolution 3.16.1) and
thunderbird. Accessing my safesign smart card in a Gemalto card
reader works fine with thunderbird (decryption works, did not test
signing/encryption). If I try so set up certificates in evolution at
first it does not find any when clicking on the select button, and if
I unplug and plug in the card in the reader again accessing the
select button crashes evolution. dmesg shows this single entry then:
6799.553617] evolution[6742]: segfault at 40 ip 00007fba27d25350 sp
00007ffccd1527f8 error 4 in opensc-pkcs11.so[7fba27d16000+2b000]

        Hi,
the best to install debuginfo for the evolution, evolution-data-server
and the package which provides opensc-pkcs11.so and then reproduce the
crash with evolution being run under gdb like this:
   $ gdb evolution --ex r --ex bt --ex "t a a bt" --ex q
and save the console output from the time the crash occurred. Please
check the output for any private information, like passwords, email
address, server addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at least
(quotes for clarity only).

It'll show where exactly the crash happened. It seems to me that this
crashed in opensc-pkcs11.so, which is not evolution's library, but it
can be it crashed due to evolution doing something nasty with it. In
any case, hard to tell from the above information.
        Bye,
        Milan