Re: [Evolution] Mailing list filters

On Mon, 2015-03-16 at 13:07 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

However, IMO it's important to find the least common denominator that
works for most MUAs. For mailing lists the rule is, that most of the
times a reply should be send to the mailing list only.

[citation needed]

There are just a few exceptions when it makes sense to Cc

Did you read the various use cases described at
http://david.woodhou.se/reply-to-list.html? Did I miss some?

The approach "my needs are the most important needs and my MUA does it
the one and only right way" is ignorant.

Yes. Yes, it is.

Now, please read the various examples given in the above URL, understand
why doing things one way causes a *minor* annoyance for you (and John
and Mary in the examples given there) but doing it the other way causes
other people (Claire, Karl, Fred, etc.) to be completely cut out of the
conversation — and think about which choice is behaving in the fashion
you describe above as 'ignorant', and which is trying to cause the least
amount of inconvenience to *everyone*.

--
dwmw2