[Evolution] Endless "Empty cache file" errors

Hey list,

I am using Evolution 3.12.7 (Ubuntu Utopic / amd64). Multiple times a
day, every day, I get endless errors during various IMAP mailbox
operations while Evolution appears to be applying my filters to
incoming mail:

        Error while Filtering new message in 'INBOX'.
        Execution of filter 'Junk check' failed: Empty cache file: /home/kip/.cache/evolution/mail/...

I have tried shutting down the client (--force-shutdown), purging
~/.cache/evolution/mail completely and restarting the client. All that
happens is it eventually starts doing the same thing again.

Any help appreciated. =)

--
Kip Warner -- Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred