Re: [Evolution] EDS 3.16, CalDAV and FastMail (Allows header disagreement)

On Tue, 2015-08-18 at 09:19 -0600, Chris Schooley wrote:
but we don't support PUT on collections because it doens't make

sense to PUT to a collection.

        Hi,
interestingly, when adding new components the PUT HTTP method is used,
on a generated, hopefully unique and yet inexistent, file.

With FastMail saing they are right and the recent comments on this
list suggesting that they are not I'm kind of at a loss for a way
ahead.
Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Right, you might be in a bad position, if the both sides would be
stubborn. As there are some quirks for other servers, why not to add
one more.

I checked the top of
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2015-May/msg00104.html
and it mentions there the Allow headers response from the FastMail
server:

< Allow: OPTIONS, GET, HEAD, POST, DELETE
< Allow: PROPFIND, REPORT, PROPPATCH, MKCOL, ACL
< Allow: MKCALENDAR

Even it's not meant to be used this way, I added the POST as an
alternative for PUT for 3.17.91+ at [1]. It's true that the server
should reject PUT requests on collections which are readonly, the only
difference is that the evolution will not show a nice error message,
nor eventually reject the write request before talking to the server,
but will show an error message as returned by the server. That might
not be a big issue, I hope.

In any case, thanks for contacting them and sharing their response.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-data-server/commit/?id=ae7d3d6