[Evolution] Smart Card/CAC Access

Hello,

I found an old email from 18 Nov 2010 on the subject of using a smart card reader with Evolution..
but the advice provided does not work for me.  Any suggestions on how to work around this?

When I follow the instruction - I get an error "Unknown PKCS #11 error"

modutil -add "DoD CAC" -libfile /usr/lib/pkcs11/libcoolkeypk11.so -dbdir /home/user/.config/evolution/

WARNING: Performing this operation while the browser is running could cause
corruption of your security databases. If the browser is currently running,
you should exit browser before continuing this operation. Type
'q <enter>' to abort, or <enter> to continue:

ERROR: Failed to add module "DoD CAC". Probable cause : "Unknown PKCS #11 error.".