Re: [Evolution] 3.16.1 issues (on Arch)

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 17:11 -0400, Carl Schaefer wrote:
there's nothing obvious in that log output.

        Hi,
okay. I still tend to overlook useful things in the complete imapx
log, but if you say so, then I'll believe you.

I added a second instance
of the same Gmail account in Evolution, using the same preferences
settings, and no problem is reported for the new instance.

That would be weird. There will be some difference, being it probably
with the connection type or the way the account was added (like
whether at the end you checked to add also calendar sources or not -
that creates different type of the account configuration, even those
can be exposed similarly in the UI). Evolution uses .source files in
~/.config/evolution/sources which describe the account. There are
multiple (three) files for each mail account. Maybe you can compare
those raw files for differences.

The CAMEL_DEBUG output for the old instance and the new instance look
substantially the same.

It depends what CAMEL_DEBUG level you chose. There are multiple
options, most of them unrelated to IMAPx.

However, while doing this I noticed a system
log message that occurs only with the old instance:

(evolution-source-registry:992): libebackend-CRITICAL **:
e_backend_authenticate_sync: assertion 'class->authenticate_sync !=
NULL' failed

Interesting. Getting a backtrace of that runtime warning would be
useful, to see where exactly the issue happened. I'll try to reproduce
it here too.
        Bye,
        Milan