[Evolution] How to include pre-made custom headers in outgoing mail?

​Hi,
I am attempting to track incoming messages using a unique ticket ID which should display within the subject or message itself.

Since a user may remove the ticket​ ID from the message body or subject, I use a custom header (X-Ticket) for tracking.

I am piping messages from Evolution through my own code that makes sure the message body still displays the ticket ID.

Problem is, my custom X-Ticket header is removed when I reply to a message and hence the piped message includes this important string no longer.

I guess this is to be expected, but is there nonetheless a way to achieve this with Evolution, ie. have it include my custom header as the outgoing message is piped through my application? Or, am I going completely wrong about this problem?

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Per