Re: [Evolution] Opening links in Firefox

On Sun, 2014-11-30 at 18:46 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

No joy on that one. Still wants to open Firefox in my Evo window and it
brings up my homepage and not the link clicked on.

What do you mean by "open Firefox in my Evo window"?  Do you mean that
the firefox window opens on the same workspace that Evo is on?

Nevertheless, Evolution uses whatever browser is set as the default for
your desktop - without knowing what desktop, or even version of
Evolution, it's not really possible to help you any further.

P.

You're correct Pete, I forgot to add the necessary information last
night, must have been really tired.

I'm running Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS, Gnome 3.12.2, Evolution 3.12.8, Firefox
33.1.1.

Firefox is set as the default web browser in Firefox itself and in the
Gnome settings for browser.

You're also correct about Firefox opening. If I were to click on the
link at the bottom of any message in this list which would normally open
the link in workspace #2 where I have Firefox already running it would
instead open Firefox in workspace #1 where I have Evolution running. It
would also open to my 'homepage' instead of the link that is clicked on.

Is there anything else I can provide you Pete?

Chris

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C