Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.10.2 Can't empty (expunge) trash

On Sat, 2014-02-01 at 02:09 +1000, Linux wrote:
I can't use the default local Trash Folder.

I'm not sure why you keep calling it a "local" Trash folder; that's not
how it works.  By default, deleted messages are tagged with a /Deleted
IMAP attribute which is stored on the IMAP server.

The default Trash folder is just a search result showing all messages on
the server with a /Deleted attribute set.  Expunging just requests the
server permanently remove all messages with a /Deleted attribute.

It's far more efficient than the illusion of a "real" Trash folder,
where the client has to copy the deleted message to a "Trash" folder,
add a /Deleted attribute to the original message, and then immediately
expunge the folder.  You also lose the "Undelete" feature, which just
removes the /Deleted attribute from a message, making it seemingly
reappear in its original folder.

Matthew Barnes