[Evolution] Issues accessing gmail (IMAP+)?

Hi all.  I've recently upgraded to Evolution 3.11.3 using the Evolution
PPA for Ubuntu (I'm running Linux Mint 16).

Overall I really like it, but it seems like there's some issue with
accessing gmail accounts (but not my ISP IMAP account).  If I look at my
gmail account with my browser I'll see I have a few new emails, but
Evolution says I have no new email even if I click Send/Receive.

Then, a while later (could be hours!) finally Evolution will notice that
I have mail.  Other times it seems to be noticed quickly.  However I
have another Linux system (at work) that is still using Evolution 3.6.4
and I don't notice that kind of behavior, on the same gmail account with
the same access setup, there.

FWIW, my gmail account is set to use IMAP+ at imap.gmail.com over port
993 with "SSL on a dedicated port" encryption.  My ISP account uses
IMAP+ as well.

Any thoughts?  Places to look for more information?