Re: [Evolution] threaded views

On Mon, 2014-02-10 at 08:22 -0500, Jeremy Mordkoff wrote:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.1/usage-mail-organize-columns.html.en

3.2.1. Sorting Mail In Email Threads
You can also choose a threaded message view. Click View > Group By
Threads to turn the threaded view on or off. When you select this
option, Evolution groups the replies to a message with the original, so
you can follow the thread of a conversation from one message to the
next.
In a thread of conversation view, each new message is stacked below of
the ones that arrived before it, __so that the newest message is always
the one you see first.__

I don't think that says anything about what happens when the thread is
collapsed - you may imply from it some interpretation, but nothing is
said.

Personally, I don't think the wording actually makes sense - apart from
the ungrammatical "below of", the one you "see" first (or need to see
first) is actually the oldest unread message surely, not the newest one?

I can see that it would be useful if the message displayed in a
collapsed thread is an unread one (i.e. the from and date etc), and I
can also see it being useful that expanding a collapsed thread would
result in the message displayed being the oldest unread or, if no unread
messages, the newest message.

And while were on collapsed threads, an indication of the number of
unread messages in a thread would be good.

P.