Re: [Evolution] "Retrieving folder list ..."

On Thu, 2014-12-11 at 16:36 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

Debugging further I see the request for the folder list and
response... then the UI seems to not be aware the operation
completed, canceling does not work.

        Hi,
I wish I know how to reproduce this. It happens from time to time that
the operations are not finished properly for some reason and the jobs
are left in an active queue. One symptom was that there was no
imapx_parser_thread() for the corresponding account, but that doesn't
seem to be the case for you (I guess so from the log).

That the evolution doesn't quit is "intentional", it is waiting for
the ongoing activities to finish. Such activities can be usually seen
in the status bar, thus as long as there is anything shown evolution
doesn't quit, giving the operations a chance to be finished properly.
The upcoming 3.14 will have a feature that, if the quit will not
finish within one minute, the users will be asked to force quit (or if
a user tries to close evolution's window again). Kind of workaround
for such situations.
        Bye,
        Milan