Re: [Evolution] HTML support in evo (which ships with Ubuntu 14.04)

On Wed, 2014-04-23 at 18:25 -0400, Swarup wrote:
Does the evo which ships with Ubuntu 14.04 support HTML?

Assuming that Ubuntu some.recent.version.number.I.guess ships an
Evolution version higher than 0.12, the answer is Yes:
Evolution renders HTML mail (now even with CSS not ignored anymore!),
and the mail composer provides basic HTML support which will turn into
gorgeous amazing HTML support in Evolution 3.14 yet to be released.

If this support is still not there, then I
may have to consider migrating to Thunderbird at this juncture.

You might want to try both and see what better fits your needs.

Another issue is: has the search function improved? In 2.26.1 evo does
not search text well. If I want to search for a given key word or phrase
in a particular folder, or in all mail folders, its search mechanism and
format is very rudimentary.

Searching for a word in a message across folders has worked well for me
for local mail. For remote mail it can be rather slow.
No idea what "rudimentary" means here and I don't think that judgemental
terms are helpful when you are after discussing technical functionality.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/