Re: [Evolution] copy link location

On Tue, 2014-04-22 at 07:39 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
On Sun, 2014-04-20 at 00:08 -0400, Carl Schaefer wrote:
Does anyone know why this behavior was changed?  The new behavior is
inconsistent with how email addresses are copied (they go to both the
clipboard and primary selection).

      Hi,
I do not know exact reasons, but the change makes sense to me. If you
right-click->Copy Link Location, then you can then Ctrl+V it as any
other text copy.

yes, but Firefox, Opera and Chrome all have the ability to open the link
in the primary selection with one click of the middle-button.  To open a
link from the clipboard, I have to open a new tab, paste the clipboard
and then hit Enter.

(and simply clicking on the link isn't ideal because I use several
different browsers and don't always want the link to open in my default
browser)

If you want to use middle-click, then select the link
in the view instead.

that's true, but I find it easier to right-click-and-copy than to select
the link text itself.

I brought this up because I was curious about the reason for the change,
and also because the "copy link" behavior is different for URLs and
mailto: links.  If you agree that they should be consistent, I would
suggest making URL copy do what mailto: copy does (and what URL copy
used to do).

Carl