[Evolution] Problems with search function in Evolution

Dear all,

I am using Evolution 2.28.3 on CentOS 6.4 and GNOME 2.28.2. I have a
problem with the search function of Evolution. If I search for a
particular mail by using the "Search" box in the upper right hand corner
of Evolution GUI, no results are displayed. This happens even though I
know that the search for e.g. "Serena" must return matches because I
double-checked with a web-based mail client.

When I type in a search term and type "Enter", a message "Generate
message list" appears in the bottom line. However no hits are displayed.
The left window which shows the folders of the mail account turns gray
until I clear the Search field. If I search for something that does not
yield any matches, the usual message:

"No message satisfies your search criteria ..."

is shown.

I am very thankful for any hints, since an e-mail client without a
proper search function is not so useful.

Till Clausmeyer