Re: [Evolution] Clickable links

When I put a URL in an email, whether I paste it in or insert it with
'Insert Link', it arrives non-clickable at its destination.
Nor, on checking, is it clickable on my PC beforehand; although 'Test
Link' on the Insert box opens the site.

Yet if the recipient then replies, leaving the original message
content in the reply, the link is clickable when it reaches me.
I am also told that the links are clickable when received on smart
phones, just not on PCs or laptops.

If you send or read mail as plain text, then there is no concept of a
"clickable link".  However Evolution will, if it sees a web address in a
received plain text email, make it clickable, even though it isn't in
the original email.  Other mail programs, especially those on mobile
devices, tend to do the same thing.

The current HTML composer will automatically make a URL into an HTML
link.  BUT:

Does anyone have any idea why or how evolution is doing this?  I'm
using Version 2.22.3.1 running on GNewSense.

That is an incredibly old version of Evolution.  I know some distros
ship older versions, but there is no way that you will get any fixes for
that from the Evo developers, nor will there be many (if any) around
here that will be able to directly help you with that version.

P.