Re: [Evolution] Evolution external editor

On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 17:09 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
FWIW current message from Evolution, seems to be just the one I usually
get:
"(evolution:1272): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files"

I suspect that this is the problem though - it appears that Evo can't
find the SessionManager, and without that things will probably not work
properly.  I seem to remember you said that you used Xfce and not Gnome?
Is it possible for you to run Gnome as an experiment to make sure that
Evo works properly under that?  If not, then check the Xfce preferences
to see if there is anywhere to enable a Gnome compatible SessionManager.

That's just *ahem* desktop-neutral GTK3 hard-coding an X session manager
bus name for a one specific desktop.  Just about every desktop has its
own X session manager, but they're not all controlled through D-Bus.

It's a nuisance warning on non-GNOME desktops, but harmless.

Matthew Barnes