Re: [Evolution] OT: Warning message about HTML

On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 18:42 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
My apologies for the OT. Bart, I agree that Evolution shouldn't nanny
us, IOW if you want to use HTML and everything is set up to do so, then
Evolution shouldn't bother you by asking, if you're really sure.

However, reconsider to write plain text mails only and use Evolutions "Performatted" feature, if you e.g.
want to send a long line with code or whatever.

HTML for emails is completely useless and for many recipient a PITA.
Note that HTML formatting often already gets lost by missing fonts and
not everybody does use a GUI or even a monitor/display to read emails.

2 Cents,
Ralf

Heh, heh, heh...  You're preaching to the choir!  I agree.

But!  If I can't insert pictures in the middle of a message, and put
little moving cuties in my sig line, and make the text different colors
and sizes, then I can't be part of the Windows crowd!  They look down on
me and make fun of me!

However, when they see Evolution can do all they can, and have instantly
selectable sig lines, for any accounts, they want to use Evolution!

Still can't get used to top posting though.

My apologies to the list.

Bart