Re: [Evolution] How to lighten up the background

In Gnome 3, I'm sorry to say, you can't change colours.  If you install Gnome Tweak Tool, you can change and install themes  (Shell themes and GTK themes)  but just this.
And if you use KDE, Gnome applications usually looks with the default theme  (Adwaita).
May be you will more lucky if try applying QT styles to GTK applications.

Hope it helps