Re: [Evolution] evolution is not reliable

tgralke gmx de wrote:
after new installation evolution didn't recover
old data from backuped folders.
Created "*.tar.gz"-files didn't work.

Created how?  I assume you didn't use Evo's backup feature?

Or you didn't do a complete backup of the home directory,  because that works.    I've done that many times.

U can't just grab the data files,  you need the related configuration data as well.

My opinion: do not use evolution for productive use !

No, just make sure u use the documented backup procedures.

I've puzzled by how often the where-is-my-data question comes up.  People  - STOP SNEAKING AROUND UNDER AND
BEHIND YOUR APPLICATIONS.  Just let the applications do it.

--
Adam Tauno Williams