[Evolution] reanimation of backup

Hello together,

 I had a harddisk-crash and was happy to have done
a rsync-backup of my home-directory the day before.

After installing new Harddisk and LMDE-OS, I copied
the Data from my Home-Backup completely.
I guessed that I would be "back in time" ;-).

But after starting Evolution nothing appears !
No mail, no adresses, calendar empty !

Is it possible to recreate the old data on a new
installation from old files or are they lost forever ?

Best regards,

Torsten Gralke.