Re: [Evolution] Running evolution-3.2.2 outside of the gnome desktop?

On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 11:08 -0800, walt wrote:
I have an x86 (gentoo) machine where I've installed xfce4 along side
gnome3 (because IMHO gnome3 isn't ready yet) and I want to use evolution
from inside xfce4 instead.

There shouldn't be any problem;  external sessions services are accessed
via D-Bus, so as long as that is working [and it hasn't been broken
anywhere I've seen in ages] and the dependencies are installed it will
just work.

Evolution works normally when run inside gnome3, but when run from inside
xfce4 it sits for 10 or 15 seconds and then dies with this:
$evolution
(evolution:7056): e-menu-tool-button.c-CRITICAL **: menu_tool_button_clone_image: assertion `image_type ==
GTK_IMAGE_ICON_NAME' failed
(evolution:7056): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_show: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
(evolution:7056): e-utils-WARNING **: Icon 'mail-attachment' not present in theme
e-utils-ERROR **: Icon 'gtk-missing-image' not present in theme

None of these are error, just warnings.

Trace/breakpoint trap

Eh?  This is gentoo right?  You screwed up the build.

Can you see anything obviously wrong with this setup?  Evolution seems to
be trying to contact somebody or listen to a socket, maybe?  What things
should evolution normally do during the first few seconds after starting?

Sit their quietly waiting for the user.

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>