Re: [Evolution] POP3 and deleting emails from server when moved locally?

On Sat, 2012-04-21 at 08:13 -0700, Bill Harris wrote:
1.  I set it up and imported my Icedove folders, and then I downloaded
for the first time.  That gave me duplicates of everything.  Is there
a command or plugin to eliminate duplicates, as there was on
Thunderbird/Icedove, or do I have to do that manually/

Evolution 3.2 offers me "Message > Remove Duplicate Messages" after
"Edit > Select All". Not sure when this was added or if this requires
installing an additional package for 2.30 and on Debian.

2.  My second issue is much more important to me.  I leave emails on
the server for various reasons.  If and when I do move some messages
from the inbox to other folders or I delete messages from the inbox, I
want Evolutiont Ito remove them from the server, but I can't figure
out how to do that (it seemed easy on Thunderbird / Icedove).

Any tips?  I've searched and found a few tantalizing hints that there
might be a solution, but I haven't found the solutions.

"Edit > Preferences > Mail Accounts > Edit > Receiving Options > Message
Storage > Delete expunged from local Inbox". I don't think that this
still works after moving locally though.

Besides, at some
time, I'd like to have the emails on my own disk, and my past
experience suggests that's not as easy with IMAP as it is with other
approaches.

IMAP accounts have the option to "Automatically synchronize remote mail
locally". Also each folder in an IMAP account has the option to "Copy
folder content locally for offline operations".
I never understood the difference or combination/interaction between
these two options though.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed