Re: [Evolution] Saved Search from VFolder Rule?

On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 07:40 +0100, Steve T wrote:
Just as a thought - is there a way of deferring the build of the
search folders? As really that is what I'm trying to do. IE to have an
option to only build the folder content when the folder is accessed,
rather than (and I assume Evolution does do this) building the folders
as Evolution starts.

        Hi,
you can disable search folders completely. It used to be in preferences,
but got removed for an unknown real reason to me (saving space for lack
of configurability doesn't count). It is back in Edit->Preferences->Mail
accounts in 3.3.1, but all what it does is:
   gconftool-2 --set
--type=bool /apps/evolution/mail/display/enable_vfolders false

Note it requires evolution's restart. Apart of complete disable I'm not
aware of any other option to postpone search folder build, like "when
selected".
        Bye,
        Milan