Re: [Evolution] How to handle unsolicited e-mails with evolution 2.32.2 ?

On Sun, 2011-11-27 at 14:51 +0100, Thomas Prost wrote:
Am Sonntag, den 27.11.2011, 09:11 -0430 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
By default it won't filter anything, as I think you now realize. It
doesn't come with a default set of spam criteria, since one person's
spam may be another person's ham. That's why you have to get it to learn
what *you* consider to be spam.
For that, I clicked almost 1000 times to "mark as spam"
Doesn´t my checks say, that bogofilter got presented 895 spam-mails and
learned almost 40.000 suspicious words from those actions ?

spamassassin works through a set of rules, hence it can determine spam
straight away; you can modify the action of spamassassin by training it
as well.  bogofilter works only by learning.  If you only train a spam
filter on bad messages, it will assume all mail is bad (because it
doesn't know any difference) hence the programs are designed to not make
any decisions until the database is sufficiently large to determine what
is *and is not* spam.

P.