Re: [Evolution] Copy/Paste

Am Dienstag, den 15.11.2011, 11:40 +0000 schrieb Bob Henson:
On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 12:31 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 11:10 +0000, Bob Henson wrote:
When I tried to paste the mailing list name into the To: box to send
this message, the normal right-click and "paste" did not work. Ctrl-V
did, and it will now work in the body of the message as I am composing
it - it only failed in the To: box. I just tried again and it will now
paste into the box as a second address. Is this a known bug?

You can query existing bug reports via
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/query.cgi?product=Evolution&product=gtkhtml

Thanks, I'll have a look.

(2.32 is such an old version that I don't feel investigating myself,
sorry.)

No problem. I'm a newcomer to Evolution and to Linux, so if I do it
myself I'll remember the answer better. There is always the possibility
that someone knows the answer without having to research it, hence my
post.

Regards,

Bob

On Linux systems, i.e. on an X11 display, you can also use the Middle
mouse button to paste data. Just select some text with the mouse and/or
keyboard, move the mouse pointer to the targeted area and press that
middle mouse button.
Evolution has had some glitches regarding copy/paste.

--
thomas