Re: [Evolution] Checking for new mail ...

On 2 March 2011 03:16, Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> wrote:
On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 01:27 +1100, Bart Steanes wrote:
> Yes, without any real success.

[Please don't top-post here]

How about using --force-shutdown? Does that help?

poc

Apologies for top posting. Too used to corporate email.

No, evolution is not stuck (in other words, running --force-shutdown gives "Evolution process exited normally").

The problem I'm talking about happens after I've been "roaming" and experienced the persistent connection issue (this seems to corrupt evolution in some way that makes it want to download or at least scan _every_ email in my inbox).

And as if scanning the whole inbox wasn't bad enough, the scanning process (otherwise known as "Checking for new mail") usually fails.

Once the scanning process has succeeded once, provided I stay on the "reliable" (i.e. office) network restarting evolution works "normally" (i.e. startup in under 30s).

The problem then reappears after roaming or other "unclean" shutdown scenario.

--
ta
Bart

@ home - mailto:bart steanes gmail com