[Evolution] Search folders and new messages

I'm using Ubuntu and thought I'd give Evo a try, after all the bad press it seems to get.  So far, I'm happy and don't have too many issues with it.

However, something that doesn't make sense is why, when I have search folders set up, do new messages appear twice?  I understand that the search folder merely replicates your search so that, if a new message comes into the inbox (with the search criteria), then it will be expected to appear in the related search folder.

But Ubuntu's messaging system tells me that I have two mails when, in reality, there is only one (which appears in the inbox and search folder).

This can get confusing and isn't all that intuitive.  Where would this problem lie, and how does one fix it?