Re: [Evolution] Evolution incoming mail notification in Gnome3 top panel

On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 06:25 +0000, Ralf Oltmanns wrote:
are there any plans to reimplement the "incoming mail" notification evolution
used to have in Gnome2?

How to best handle notification is an open-topic in GNOME3;  one of the
goals of GNOME3 is to diminish how the environment interrupts the user.
But notifications are 'desired' interruptions, but how forceful should
they be?

But I *do* see new mail notifications appear on the notification bar.
It briefly reveals the sender and the subject of a new message.

Gnome3 is rather "mac"-ish and

There is no reason to compare GNOME 3 to OS/X, Windows, or GEM.
Comparisons do not illuminate anything.
GNOME3 is GNOME3.

lacking a lot of nice features Gnome2 offered.

This isn't the place to discuss GNOME3 is general; but I disagree.
GNOME3 has many features GNOME2 did not, and a lot less cruft.

It's rather annoying to always manually check for incoming mail without the
topbar notification icon.

Notifications appear on the bottom of the screen.