[Evolution] Evolution backup problem

Hi,

Sorry about poor info, I'll try to put that right here.

I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic koala ) and Evolution 2.28.1.

I can go to File > Backup settings and create >>evolution-backup.tar.gz.
<<< on my external hard drive, which as you say shows up on âPlacesâ.

But when I want to test the backup I go to File > Restore Settings,

I get to evolutionbackup.tar.gz on the hard drive but can do nothing
with it!

If I double click it I get â Please select a valid backup file to
restoreâ

If I right click it I get the chance to show hidden files

If I click âopenâ I get the same message â Please select a valid backup
file to restoreâ

If I backup to a USB stick using the same procedure it all works as per
the instructions in the Evolution guide and restores OK.