Re: [Evolution] evolution 3.0 - contacts sync problem with google apps contacts

Hello Mike,

On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 20:55 -0500, mike hinz yr20 com wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to raise this issue or not.  Please advise.

I'm running the Fedora 15 64 bit beta with Evolution 3.0.0.  Whenever I setup an addressbook to be sync'd with my contacts in my Google Apps account, I do not get all the contacts and get the following error:  "Unable to perform search.  The backend for this address book was unable to parse this query.  A required property of a <entry/gContact 'user Defined field> element (@key) was not present."

Interestingly this works perfectly in Fedora 14 with Evolution 3.2.

For those wondering. Fedora 14 distributes Evolution 2.32 (not 3.2) This threw me for a loop reading the message.

Also I've noted that exactly 157 contacts are sync'd with Evolution each time out of the 537 contacts I have in my Apps contacts.  This has persisted over repeated installs of F15 (just due to the alpha/beta status).  I can't see anything unique about the contacts that sync and those that don't.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?  Should I attempt to file a bug report about this?

Regards,

Mike Hinz