Re: [Evolution] Evolution's idea for GSoC

On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 13:02 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 11:52 -0400, d3nn wrote:
My name is Dennis Vargas from Bolivia, I'm student of last year in the
university.
I'm interest to work in the GNOME's proyect for the GSoC, the idea I
like is "Evolution server-side filters (Sieve) editing".
I need more information about Evolution's code for to learn more about
"Evolution server-side filters (Sieve) editing".
We chatted a little about this on IRC already, but just to elaborate, I
think a more realistic sized GSoC project would be to write a standalone
app as a concept demonstration for editing server-side Sieve filters
using pre-configured Evolution accounts.  Or at least demonstrate an
editing interface that can spit out Sieve code, even if it doesn't
actually talk to any servers.

+1

So I think a standalone concept demonstration app could serve as a
useful starting point for future integration work.  And if the demo
works out well, you would certainly be welcome to stick around and help
take it to the next level.  Plenty of fame and glory waiting to be
reaped there.  :)

Is Evolution account information available via d-bus?  I've only seen
examples of how to access ebook and ecal.