Re: [Evolution] Evo Fails to trash Facebook only emails

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 20:47 +1200, Chriss4 wrote:
Some time ago I faced the problem of 'Evo' failing to empty trash at all
and ended up with 1000's of emails in the trash folder. The fix was a
work around at the time, however after a rebuild and upgrade to Ubu
10.04 I now find Evo 2.28.3 is doing it again...! Well nearly the same!
Evo current version (unknown prior version issues) now empties
everything except Facebook emails, all from june to today?
They are all the notification type. This unbelievable, all the other
emails get deleted except Facebook!!

        Hi,
does evo tell you the reason why it failed? When you invoke an Expunge,
then on a failure is shown a message on the bottom status bar. When you
click its icon on the left of the message, then it'll show you detailed
information what was going wrong.

The advice usually depends on the error message.

You can also try to run evolution from console and watch its output when
you'll do the Expunge function, whether there will be any related
message printed.

With respect of "Facebook messages only", I suppose you are filtering
Facebook messages to a special folder, and then that particular folder
has an issue when you try to expunge it. All other folders may not
suffer of this issue. Though it's just a guess.
        Bye,
        Milan