Re: [Evolution] Can't save pictures; Can't forward pictures

On 24 November 2010 14:03, Matthew Barnes <mbarnes redhat com> wrote:

I have looked into this in the past and found that GtkHtml does not make
embedded image data readily available to save, and I have no interest in
fixing GtkHtml at this point.  The alternative is to dig up the image
data from the raw MIME message structure, but that's a whole different
kind of pain and shouldn't be necessary.

I'm aware of this issue, and unless someone steps up sooner I plan to
address it after Evolution has ditched GtkHtml for WebKit/GTK+, which
will hopefully happen some time next year (finally).

That's one of the issues. I'm guessing the other issue should be far easier to
solve; the ability to detect HTML messages and ask the user if he wants to
forward it as HTML instead of plain text. Shouldn't it?

I have to agree with him in that a received HTML message should be
easily forwarded as HTML.