Re: [Evolution] Message Filter vs. Search Folders - Open Discussion

On 11/4/10 2:24 PM, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:
All this to say I'm quite confident the "race" issue Patrick indicated can effectively be put to rest in light of the above.
The classic race condition with IMAP is that some process (e.g. a notifier or an independant MUA) reads your mail so that your IMAP client doesn't see new messages as \Unread and hence doesn't filter them. I don't think this is any worse with imapfilter/offlineimap (do they pay attention to \Unread?), but it might occur more often given that presumably these are background processes that people can easily forget about. I know I almost never log out of my home or office machines and have to remember to quit the MUA each time before leaving.

poc