Re: [Evolution] Evolution crashes

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 19:08 +0200, salamlinux free fr wrote:
Hi, I have a fresh new Fedora 13 intstall (64bit), opened evolution and pointed
it to a backup file I created with the earleir version before upgrade to f13.
Whenever I launch evolution, it starts migration for 5 seconds then it crashes.
I tried to remove it and reinstall, but it did the same thing.

        Hi,
was the previous version you made a backup in also 64bit or 32bit? There
are some transitional problems between these two architectures, in both
ways. Probably the best thing would be to clear out old summary and
index/ibex/cmeta files, which is described in the FAQ page Thomas gave a
link to in the previous reply to your email.

How can I get rid of this migration operation, or maybe it would have been
crashing even without my initial request to do migration.

It automatically migrates when the version in
GConf /apps/evolution/last_version and /apps/evolution/version doesn't
match (the last_version is usually lower than the actual version). Make
these two same, the 2.30.1 I guess, and it'll stop upgrading, though it
may crash later when you do not clean the summary/index/ibex/cmeta
files, as mentioned above.

The crash message is
the following :

Package:      evolution-2.30.1-8.fc13
Latest Crash: Tue 08 Jun 2010 06:54:36 PM
Command:      evolution
Reason:       Process /usr/bin/evolution was killed by signal 6 (SIGABRT)
Comment:      None
Bug Reports:

backtrace of the crash, with debug info packages for gtkhtml3,
evolution-data-server, evolution and any other evolution related
packages installed would be the best option.
        Bye,
        Milan