Re: [Evolution] Export filters?

On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 09:30 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
Is it possible to export or otherwise port a set of filters to another
copy of evo?  I am running 3 copies of evo on mostly the same mail
accounts (some differences so not identical) - home, work desktop, work
laptop)

The filters I am using are getting a bit complex to manage across 3
instances - it would be nice if I can build the filters, export and
import into the other copies.

This is a long-standing enhancement request which so far has not been
implemented.

Alternatively, is it possible to grab filters.xml from one machine and
replace the one on the others with it?

Not directly. If you look at the XML file you'll see it contains
account-specific strings which include the host name, mainly in folder
names which are shown as URIs. However it shouldn't be too hard to
change them via a Perl or Sed script.

poc