Re: [Evolution] POP account problem

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 12:41 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
> > After connecting to POP account i have seen below problem :
> >
> > 1.I am not able to view all the folder available in my account.
>
> Pop accounts do not have folders on the server.  You must create them on
> your local machine.  Then, you have the next problem.
>
> My Yahoo account have some folder (eg. INBOX, Sent Mail And folder
> created by me manually in my account) and if i want to access my yahoo
> account by using evo then i should get complete folder tree,othervise i
> have to search again my personal folder mail from Inbox.
> Which is so frustrating for me.

POP as a protocol has no method of accessing folders: it gets mail from
an INBOX and puts it on your local computer - that's all it can do.  The
fact that you have folders on your remote account does not mean that POP
can see them.

P.
Check if your host/account supports IMAP. That's what you want.

Phil