[Evolution] Message List line spacing increase after updating to 2.28

After updating to 2.28 I find that the spacing in the message list has
increased from what it was previously - unchanged in prior versions for
as long as I can remember. I now see about 25% fewer messages listed and
I'd much prefer to be able to return to a smaller line spacing. I
haven't noticed anything else to have changed (fonts in general, folder
list spacing, etc.)

Has anyone else experienced this? Can this be configured within
evolution, or gnome, anywhere? I've got 2.28.2 on gnome, freebsd
7-stable, i386.

Thanks,

Wayne