Re: [Evolution] Question - undo a mail deletion

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 10:14 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 11:12 +0900, nomnex wrote:
On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 11:48 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

No, you're just the latest in a long line of people who've been asking
for an Undo feature for deletion, for exactly that reason, for many
years.

Feel free to search for this on Bugzilla and add your comments. Maybe
someone will pay attention this time.

    Hi,
Deleted message are in the Trash you can move them back to the folder of
your choice. If you need thousand warnings, undo, undo of the undo, etc.
before passing each command, Windows is surely best suited (and bloated)
than Linux.

It's perfectly clear to anyone who has used Evo for more than a week or
two or takes the trouble to investigate the issue, that you can undo a
deletion *if you know which message was deleted*. What the OP is asking
for, and I have also asked for years ago, is an Undo Delete that doesn't
require you to remember which message it was, because there are
situations in which it's not obvious. IOW "undo the last deletion I
did". Computers are better at remembering things than humans.

I don't need such feature because I am doing some email management
up-front and the trash is clear. A little effort of organization worths
all the undo features. I get your point though.

poc

PS Note that you replied directly to me, not to the list.

Corrected