Re: [Evolution] backup a local folder && emptying it (2.24.5)

On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 09:23 +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
What is wrong in my process? Where the Subjects are stored outside of
backupIncoming.* files?

        Hi,
it's stored in folder's summary, I guess
~/.evolution/mail/local/folders.db
for you. Was there any reason to play with internal evolution files
instead of doing the same through the Evolution's user interface? Like:
a) create a new folder
b) drag&drop messages from one to the other
c) delete old message from old folder
d) expunge old folder
That might do pretty the same what you were trying to do, and updating
internal files properly. I guess there are not many options now:
a) close evolution; evolution --force-shutdown
b) delete folders.db file
c) run evolution (it'll recreate folders.db file).
If you use labels, tags, flags or anything on your messages under On
This Computer, then they will be lost by this. Alternatively, you can
just drop that one table from folders.db by some sqlite3 command.

        Bye,
        Milan