Re: [Evolution] Posting (not sending) messages

On 06/08/10 20:02, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 15:45 +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:
On 06/08/10 14:37, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 11:07 +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:
Can I also recommend that one of the devs signs up for a free account on
http://uncensored.citadel.org:8080 - they offer IMAP access to their forums.

I think you'll find that evolution 2.30.2 will load the shared folders
and namespaces fine the first time, but when you quit and re-start
evolution you will see that all the folders and namespaces disappear a
while after loading. A quick visit to Folder Subscriptions will make the
top level folders re-appear (in the left pane) even though it shows the
whole tree of folders in Folder Subscriptions. It is them impossible to
get the sub-folders.
Could there be a problem with your IMAP server? I have several shared
sub-folders and they work reliably. They're all branches of a single
shared tree on the server, because that's how Cyrus does it.  Also, I
don't touch the default namespace settings.

Quite possibly something is wrong with the IMAP, but I don't think so.
Evolution has only recently had added the feature of multiple namespace
support (which citadel uses). I haven't changed the default namespaces.
There was a thread on this a couple of years ago, see
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2008-January/msg00323.html

This is part of a reply I got from our server admin when I asked him
about this. It dates from the same time as the above thread. Note that
the user simply has to subscribe to the shared namespace and it should
all work:
[excellent explanation deleted]

Thanks for that Patrick; it was good detail.

I think it's not the problem in this case. When the account is created, all the shared folders how up correctly as they do on thunderbird, and I can read/write the folders correctly.

The problem is that when I re-run evolution and after it has finished it's initial chat with the server that then the folders all go away.

Sam
--
[FSF
          Associate Member #2325]