Re: [Evolution] Deleting Old Email

On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 10:31 -0500, Barbara Tobias wrote:
Is there an easy way to get rid of old email?  I use my email folders
extensively as a substitute for a file cabinet, but don't need to keep
things more than five or six months.  I know that I can sort by date,
select everything older than what I want to keep, delete them, and then
expunge.  I'm just hoping there might be an easier way.

I'm using Evolution 2.26.1 under Ubuntu Linux 9.04.

You could set up a search folder matching everything older than 6
months, then delete and expunge once in a while. Slightly easier but
there's still a manual step. I don't know of any way to script a daemon
within Evo to do this automatically (you could also use filters, but
they only fire on new messages).

If you want full automation you'd need to use an external program (e.g.
a cron job) to do this, but be careful of interactions with any active
Evo processes.

poc