[Evolution] Res: Enc: Res: Could not connecto to pop.mail.yahoo.com.br: Connection timed out

I used the command and received the same answer:
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out
Thanks anyway.

De: Kåre Fiedler Christiansen <fedora kaarefc dk>
Para: Afonso Leite <afonsoleite ymail com>
Cc: evolution lists lists <evolution-list gnome org>
Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 23 de Setembro de 2009 14:37:35
Assunto: Re: [Evolution] Enc: Res: Could not connecto to pop.mail.yahoo.com.br: Connection timed out

2009/9/23 Afonso Leite <afonsoleite ymail com>:

<snip>

>> On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 08:45 -0700, Afonso Leite wrote:
>> > I have searched for similar problems in the evolution list, but
>> didn't
>> > find out any solution that really worked out. Does anyone have an
>> idea
>> > of what's happening?
>> > I am using the following:
>> > POP server type,  pop.mail.yahoo.com.br:995 server configuration, as
>> > suggested by the yahoo mail documentation;
>> > SSL encryption for secure connection, password for authentication
>> > type.
>> > To send emails, I am using SMTP server type,
>> > smtp.mail.yahoo.com.br:465 server configuration (again, as suggested
>> > by yahoo documentation); server requires authentication, SSL
>> > encryption secure connection, PLAIN authentication type, and
>> password
>> > remembering.
>>
>> Is there a question in there somewhere? You give a lot of detail about
>> your setup (which is good) but you don't say what the problem is.
>
> Sorry, I was lazy about that.
> Evolution take too much time to connect to the server.
> The Debug Log shows a negative circle with a minus sign in it, and the
> messages
> Error while fetching mail
> Could not connect to pop.mail.com.br
>
> I don't know what can be wrong, because with the same configuration, I
> use evolution mail normally at home...

It sounds a lot like you are using this behind a firewall that doesn't
allow outgoing traffic on port 995 and 465. If that is the case, there
is not much you can do, unless you can get the firewall administrator
to grant you permissions.

You can test that by trying to run the command:
$ telnet pop.mail.com.br 995

If that doesn't respond with something like:
  "Trying 201.76.62.3...
  Connected to pop.mail.com.br.
  Escape character is '^]'."
you are probably out of luck

Best,
  Kåre
--
Kåre Fiedler Christiansen

Veja quais são os assuntos do momento no Yahoo! + Buscados: Top 10 - Celebridades - Música - Esportes