Re: [Evolution] Microsoft Exchange Server 2007

On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 16:37 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Ng Oon-Ee<ngoonee gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 15:21 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
Hi,

I have configured my exchange server 2007 account configured it as an
IMAP Interface instead of Evolution MAPI interface since it does not
support
2007 server. I have GAL configured in the IMAP Interface, but somehow
the auto completion of recipient email address does not work as
expected.

is there a workaround for the issue?

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

I can't answer your main question, but the evolution-mapi plugin's main
feature is its support of Exchange 2007. I'm using it daily myself for
that purpose. Perhaps you meant to say evolution-exchange, which only
supports Exchange 2003.

More details would help, all round. Version, distro, what exactly does
'does not work as expected' mean?

Hi,

When i try to use evolution-mapi for my exchange server 2007 account
and configure it, the evolution email client dialog window closes.

Below is my details.

ii  evolution-mapi                       0.26.0.1-0ubuntu2
      Evolution extension for MS Exchange 2007 servers
ii  evolution                            2.26.1-0ubuntu2
      groupware suite with mail client and organizer
I am using it on ubuntu 9.04 Desktop.

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

Kaushal, please do not send emails directly to my address without also
CC-ing the evo-list.

If the evo client window dialog closes, in my experience there's a
problem with the settings you're using. Please ensure server, Username,
and domain name is set properly. Also, seeing as you're on Ubuntu, make
sure you have samba4 and libmapi installed, there's dependency problems
in the evo-mapi package AFAICT from my own install.