Re: [Evolution] evolution 2.28 starts automatically in off-line mode! howto change that?

On Sat, 2009-10-17 at 13:22 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

After upgrading to 2.28 in Debian SID evolution does no longer start in
on-line mode, but in off-line mode. I have look into preferences and the
manual but was unable to find a way to change this behaviour. Can
someone please point me to a successfull solution?

Do you have NetworkManager running?  Evo uses NetworkManager to
determine if the machine is on- or off-line and adjusts its status
accordingly.  I *thought* that if NM wasn't active it just ignored it,
but some of the logic may have changed in the new version.

This is a known bug/misfeature. If NM is active but not configured to
manage the specific interface that Evo is using, it tells Evo the
interface is down. The solution is either to disable NM or (preferably)
configure it to manage the interface (it's not hard to do).

poc