Re: [Evolution] stability/Jewett

The way most emailers default in the reply edit mode is to position
your cursor at the top of the original. The reason this is done
is apparently, unaccountably, non-obvious to millions of the
NetNewbies of the past several years. The reason it positions that
way is to encourage the user to drill down through the original
post,

While all this is true,  I agree completely, it is utterly pointless to
point it out.  The vast vast majority of people DO NOT CARE about
netiquette (or the convenience of subsequent readers).  Thus you are
wasting bandwidth and every other readers time.  Hashing these things
with people WHO DO NOT CARE is pointless.

I just get sick of seeing pretty much this exact post on different list
several times a day.  Yes, top posting is dumb and bad form - so it
posting that top posting is dumb and bad form.    I have been a
UNIX/LINUX admin for almost 20 years - I know a fair amount about this
and that - I deal with top-posters primarily just by ignoring their
questions [if they can't respect me I shouldn't bother with them].  That
is the method I suggest.